I have a list of possible causes/contributing factors to my crappy mood (stealing Terri's writing tool *sheepish grin*):
- I have been waking up prior to 5:45 a.m. the last three days. [I haven't made up for the early hour with an earlier bedtime].
- My children have conspired together to fight with each other every chance they get today.
- My two-year-old has decided that screaming and crying is an acceptable form of communication.
- My four-year-old thinks that biting his sister hard enough to leave a mark is an acceptable form of communication.
- While I don't keep track of these things like I should the way I used to... I am pretty sure that I am a few days from getting "IT."
- I mistakenly thought it was a good idea to allow two children under five be out of the cart, running amok in Target.
- Black beans+ two-year-old+once-cute sundress= more work for Mommy.
- A bowl of black beans falling off a table in a restaurant will always land upside-down.
- Two-year-olds don't understand that you can't eat food once it is on the floor of a restaurant. [when told of said rule, said two-year-old vocally protests--- ah, the other people around us surely loved it when we left. Luckily, it was only a casual Mexican place]
- I can't stop sweating. [I am not sure if it is super humid or what, but I am HOT today. note: we don't begin to compare with the humidity in areas much further east of here, thank goodness. I hated the summer humidity when I lived in the Midwest].
- Yelling at my kids makes me feel like a horrible mom. [It's a vicious cycle]
- My best friend just had a baby and I selfishly miss her. [Don't get me wrong, I am more than THRILLED for her and love that precious little Devon. She just has her hands full with transitioning to two kids, having house guests, and a parade of well-wishers. We haven't had our fix of long chats on the phone, vanilla lattes and watching our daughters terrorize each other (to be perfectly honest, it is usually my daughter terrorizing hers)].
- I am having a hard time getting excited about my weekday runs. [I am terribly bored of my neighborhood. With the insane hills, there aren't too many options for variety and there isn't much to run to outside of our little community. I could drive somewhere, but the closest nice place to run is about 15 minutes from here. I can't seem to get up early enough to get a good run and the 1/2 hour drive time ].
Sorry for the whiny post. I hope to snap out of it soon. I feel bad for KG and the kids. Luckily for KG, he hasn't been around much to experience my mood (hey, maybe that is #14). But he has seen the disaster that is our home since I am not in the mood to clean or put away laundry. I do worry that he'll think that I need to cut down on my running. This is the first week my legs have been healthy enough to get all my mileage in. I should be thrilled that I am finally following my plan. I seriously doubt I am over training since I haven't even run 20 miles yet this week. I don't want a bout of grumpiness and lethargy to derail me.
WAIT! My mood is already picking up. I just heard the sound of two kids giggling uncontrollably...playing together! That sounds cures most ills.....