I was tagged by Jenn to share six random things about myself. Here goes:
1) I used to deal Blackjack in a casino.
2) I like ketchup on my macaroni and cheese.
3) I have a degree in Political Science, was pre-law until my senior year and had aspirations of becoming a US Senator when I was in college. Now I minimally follow politics and really dislike discussing it (although I do vote in every single election, even the small ones with one or two ballot measures)
4) My husband and I would like to retire on a catamaran. We spent our honeymoon on one and it was heaven.
5) I was well into my 30's before I decided I wanted children. I always thought that I would be a career woman forever. Twenty-nine year old Lisa NEVER would have believed that I would be happy doing what I am doing now in terms of raising my children.
6) My husband and I met and dated in 1987, but have only been together for a little over seven years.
Obviously, this last one needs a bit of explaining. We dated for a few months in college in 1987 (truly showing my age now). He graduated and went on his way and we lost touch. We never had an "ugly" breakup, just drifted apart (we were never that serious to begin with).
Fast forward 14 years to 2001. I went on vacation with several friends to Brazil. It is Carnivale in Rio de Janiero and there are THOUSANDS of people on Copacabana Beach in front of several nightclubs and bars. I saw Kenny and recognized him immediately. He didn't recognize me until I went up and talked to him (my hair was shorter and darker than it was in college). He was on vacation with some friends as well. We were both single.
We exchanged e-mail addresses and had a IM, e-mail, phone call relationship for a few months (he was in San Diego and I was in Kansas). Then I was called by a headhunter with a great job opportunity in Southern California. We were married a year later.
Now I will tag others. Unfortunately, it looks like most of the running bloggers I know have already been tagged. Hmmm.... I'll tag Kaity, Penny, Kenny (love of my life) , Bean and Hilly (after that I don't really have anyone else I really know well enough to tag)
Here are the rules:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post.
- Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.