Monday, March 3, 2008

Why do some runs seem so much harder than others?

I think I'll blame the stroller. Jackson weighs at least 45 pounds and Amelia another 25. I am pretty sure that stroller weighs 40 pounds or so with all the snacks, water, toys and blankets. That extra 100 or more pounds is TOUGH. Today and Friday I felt like I was running under water. I have to keep telling myself, "this is making me stronger, this is making me stronger." How does a three mile run feel harder than seven?!

I think a lot of it is mental, too. On those stroller-pushing days I have to get up, get breakfast for everyone, get the kids dressed, make Kenny lunch, make sure there are snacks for the kids and get out of the house in time to meet the girls. By 9 a.m. I feel exhausted, even though I have only been up for two to three hours. Luckily, I feel fine now. Maybe that coffee after class had something to do with it :-)

So far, my running-under-water days haven't discouraged me. One of these days it will get easier. For now, I'll keep plodding along....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails