Thursday, March 27, 2008

Redemption (aka what the heck were we thinking??!!)

Not only did I bounce back, but we ran our six miles today at a 9-minute-mile pace! Holy cow, I was worked at the end and I am pretty tired now. However, overall I feel good. I never could have run that well two days ago. Janet, you were right... when you have a good run after a crappy run, the next good one is "SO MUCH BETTER." :-)

I am not sure what got into everyone today. None of us had really good runs on Tuesday. Maybe we all had something to prove. Lisa surprised me by getting out in front and staying there for most of the run. That is, until Laura zipped by her and smoked us all ;-) At one point Jen asked me how fast we were going and I told her sub-nine. She said she was slowing down. Remember, our comfortable pace as a group is much closer to 9:30 or 9:40. I was still feeling good, so I stayed at the faster pace. At around 3/4 of a mile to go, here comes Jen. She totally surprised me by sprinting and catching up. I blurted out, "holy %&@*!" as a reference to an exclamation made by one of our boys earlier. She pushed me by saying, "let's catch Lisa" who was a hundred yards or so ahead of us. As soon as I caught up to Lisa, SHE hit her second wind and decided to sprint the last 1/3 of a mile or so. Needless to say, I didn't catch her...

The best part of the run today was that my knees feel WAY better. I started taking some glucosamine and chondroitin for joints. Maybe it is working or maybe it is a placebo. Either way, they don't hurt today. I feel super tight and started feeling lactic acid pretty quick. I think I just need to keep hydrating and stretching.

We have Mom's Night Out tonight at a fondue restaurant. I believe that a good run deserves rewarding. I will be eating well tonight!

2 comments:

Emma said...

Wow Lisa you are kicking ass in your training. You are going to run this marathon without any problems. Enjoy your friends and fondue tonight. You have EARNED it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lisa, reading this definitely makes me feel better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails