Friday, March 14, 2008

Ugggh....

Today's three mile run was NOT fun. It was sluggish and felt like it lasted forever. I was up last night with a bit of a stomach bug and didn't think I would run at all this morning. I was meeting the girls, so I thought I would head down to the park and the worst case scenario would be that the kids would play for a bit before class if I decided not to run. Ultimately, I decided to give it a try and just walk back if I didn't think I could do it.

I ate some cinnamon apple toast and a Luna bar earlier and drank quite a bit of water, but I was probably a bit dehydrated and under-nourished from the bug. My legs ached as I began running. They loosened up a bit as we ran, but never completely. I ran pretty slowly and didn't even try to keep up with Laura. The good news is that even running at my sluggish pace, I averaged 10:07 minute miles.

As crappy as I felt, Jen's morning was worse. She has not been sleeping well and it hit her this morning pretty hard. As busy as my life can get, Jen's is so much busier. She has so many balls in the air and juggles them all beautifully. Despite hitting a low in energy, she still managed to make it to class and run between the stations. Her commitment to her training, which she has done all her life, helps to inspire me to keep going. I am pretty lucky to be running with someone as dedicated as she is. Even as she pushes me to keep going, the other day she told us that if she wasn't running with us, she would have stopped and walked. It is nice to know that we help her the way she has helped us. We are a team. I know I have said this before, but I feel incredibly lucky to have these women to train with.

1 comment:

A Little Of A Lot said...

You are so, so lucky to have such a great team of women to run with.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails