Thursday, May 22, 2008

I can't watch this video without getting tears in my eyes...



I am really getting excited. I have been wasting some time today searching for videos of the Rock-n-Roll Marathon. I cry during all of them, thinking about crossing that finish line (ok...so I am a big sap). It really looks like a lot of fun though. I am so happy that this marathon is my first one. My number one goal with this thing is to ENJOY every minute and take advantage of all the entertainment along the way. Did I mention that they hand out beer at the end???

Here is another one in two parts:

3 comments:

A Little Of A Lot said...

You're not the only sap,that got me all choked up too.
When I did the 1/2 in Philly last year I resorted to ugly crying once I crossed the finish line, you're going to be bawling like a baby and I wish I could be there to give you a big hug when you do it.
I have an appt w/ my Dr to hopefully get the clear to start running again, I need to feel that rush again.
WTG Lisa, I'll keep up with you on my computer on the day ;-)

h2ojennifer said...

Okay I read your posts all the time, as you know. I had to comment on this one. Bawling too!!! We'll be crying together at the finish Lisa. You already know what this whole journey has been for me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, I can't wait to play those videos when I'm near a computer with sound (we're on lunch at my training session.) I'll be watching you online that day too, if there's a way to track your progress or bib number and have already penciled you into my calendar that day so I can send you positive mental vibes.

One of the techniques one of my books mentions is to visualize yourself at the end of your marathon, and to draw from that image at will while you are running, as a motivational tool. Somehow, though, I get the feeling you've already been doing that. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails