Sunday, March 22, 2009

Totally bummed!!

My dear hubby went out this afternoon for a short mountain bike ride. He came home late for dinner with a sheepish look on his face. He held up his wrist showing me the Garmin wrist band with no Garmin!!!! WTF???? He said it fell off somewhere on the trail and he looked for it for quite a while. I know it won't do any good to yell at him. I know he feels bad enough. But GEESH! He's going to go out looking again tomorrow, but I am not holding out too much hope.

I am SO disappointed. My training is going so well and I credit that silly little device with a lot of my smart choices. I am pretty sure I would not have finished my run this morning as strongly without my Garmin telling me to slow down. My tempo and speed runs have been actually fun knowing my pace. I know it isn't necessary to have one of these things to train right (people have trained for years without them and still do), but DARN IT, I liked it. I was getting used to having it around. I don't even have my Nike+ right now because my foot pod isn't working, so I have to go back to old school for finding out my distance, pace etc. Damn.

Why can't something good happen like finding a $100 bill or getting a great job instead of losing a $200 toy? It is definitely not something we will be replacing any time soon, especially with property taxes and insurance due very soon. I feel silly for being so bummed over a thing like this. There are so many people that don't EVER have the wherewithal to purchase such a luxury item.

Thanks for letting me vent. I will write about my 20 mile run a bit later, after I stop feeling sorry for myself.

4 comments:

Aka Alice said...

What is it about broken and lost things this weekend? I'm so sorry. That just stinks...

How does a Garmin fall off a wristband? That's weird.

I hope he finds it tomorrow. Until then, I'll be sad for you too (it's OK to be sad about it). I HATE losing things. GAH!

Southbaygirl said...

that sucks! My garmin didn't power up today so I know how you feel! You are allowed to vent!!!!And there is nothing wrong with being bummed about losing something!!!

Unknown said...

That totally stinks, I'm sorry.

Irish Cream said...

Oh no! I totally understand your frustration . . . I would be so lost without my garmin (despite the fact that I trained for over a year without one and was totally fine!). I hope your hubby is somehow able to find it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails