Tuesday, March 24, 2009

in lieu of a recovery run...

Kenny and I went on another mountain bike ride today. We dropped the kids off at preschool and went out to Sycamore Canyon just north of here, between Santee and Poway. It was a nice eleven mile ride. It wasn't too technical or difficult, but it was enough to give me a good workout and keep me on my toes.

I was supposed to have a short recovery run today. I preferred this. It got the stiffness out of my overworked quads and calves while giving my body a rest from the pounding. It was also a time to spend with my husband where we didn't feel stressed out at all.

A nice mid-week ride into the canyons is good for the soul. I suppose there are some benefits to unemployment.


3 comments:

Marathonman101108 said...

Ditto on a bike ride yesterday! It's definitely a break from running, isn't it? Glad you and your husband were able to spend some quality time together.

Janet B. said...

Lisa! Get your ass in the pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

MCM Mama said...

Looks like a fun way to get a work out and some quality time with your husband. Fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails