Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My whiny post of the week...

I am going to take this opportunity to whine about my run today. It was early and I was tired. More than anything, I just wanted to sleep instead of get up in the dark. But I got up. It was foggy. It was chilly. Did I mention that I was tired?

I never really loosened up. My knees felt (and still do) like an old person's knees. Hmmmm... I wonder why (as I am approaching the last days of my 41st year...) I don't think I have any knee injuries, they just hurt. It is the constant pounding on my cartilage, I think. At one point my left knee hurt and I felt like I was favoring my right and then a few hundred meters later the right one hurt more so I favored the left. I am going to start taking some joint supplements that I had bought for Kenny a while back. It can't hurt...

I didn't feel like I was going slow, but I averaged 10:07/mile. I don't think my body could have gone much faster if I tried. My music didn't help much, although I would have been completely bored without it. None of the songs really clicked with my mood today. I think I need to find a tired-and-grumpy-and-my-knees-hurt mix on iTunes.

BUT--- the one good thing about my run this morning? I DID IT. I know now that I am dedicated to this 100%. I knew that my midweek runs only help me be stronger on the long runs on the weekend. Missing one because I am tired and lazy will hurt me in the long run. My friend, Tara talked to me the other day about ON and OFF days. The key is pushing through the OFF days in order to get to the good ones....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails