Saturday, March 8, 2008

We did it!!

Photobucket
Jen, Laura, Me, Lisa after the run!

We ran our 15K race yesterday and I felt AWESOME!!! I even made my time goal of under 10 minutes per mile. The official times aren't in, but my Nike+ recorded that I ran it in 1:29, which is an average of 9:30 per mile. I am actually pretty excited about that since I ran the 10K last summer with a 9:57 pace. I probably could have gone a bit faster, but I am glad I didn't. I finished strong and feel good. The bummer thing is that I somehow accidentally deleted the run from my iPod. I really wanted to look at my pace throughout the race. Plus, I wanted to document all my runs and to lose 9.3 miles is big. :-( *EDITED: Yeah for my Nike+. My run was recorded and uploaded to the website. If you look at the graph you can see my speed increasing at the end. Yeah!! At one point at the end of the race I was running well under a 9-minute-mile pace. That gives me so much confidence in my ability!!

Laura and Jen pulled ahead after a mile or two. My Nike+ confirmed that Lisa and I didn't slow down, so the other two just ran faster. Lisa and I chatted nearly the whole way. That made the run go so much more quickly for me. Maybe I could have run faster without talking, but it would have seemed to take FOREVER. With about a mile to go, I told Lisa that I wanted to pick up my pace. I stopped chatting and ran much harder. I would love to know how fast I did that last mile. At the stretch, I still had enough energy for a kick and finished super strong.

After the race, the four of us went for breakfast. We went to Perry's where the portions are insanely large. As hungry as I was, I left a ton. Even so, I was hungry for lunch a few hours later. My metabolism must have been kicked into high gear.

The last thing I wanted to do after all that was more exercise. However, Kenny really wanted to try out some Ellsworth Rides on the boardwalk. We hooked up the trailer for the kids and rode along Mission Beach. It was great. It was a nice way to avoid my muscles tightening up. We took it easy and enjoyed the ocean air. We rode to Fanuel Park on Sail Bay and the kids played a bit. They even went into the water! Man, I LOVE living in San Diego. Where else can you have a day like that in early March?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails