Monday, March 23, 2009

thank goodness for small miracles!!

Yes... my husband is out of the doghouse because he FOUND MY GARMIN!! In all fairness, it belongs to both of us, but I still consider it MINE. He used our metal detector* and went down in the canyon this morning and found it! He had been digging out a trail/jump last night when it fell off** and he inadvertently covered it with dirt. <> It seems to be fine (just a little scratch on the face). I tested it out front and it uploaded ok. PHEW!! I am so relieved.

I just have to give a shout out to my awesome dad. I haven't written a lot about him, surprisingly, since my love of running obviously came from him. But I digress... my dad called today and told me that he read my blog and facebook status and offered to buy me a new Garmin for my birthday. So, so, so thoughtful!! He is already sponsoring my marathon in May. So, thanks, Dad, for being such a huge support of my running!! It means so much that you follow my blog and are so supportive! I love you!! ***

I am in such a good mood now. He is down riding as I am writing this. He took the Garmin with him. SIGH. I doubt if he would come home if he lost it again. ;-)



*The metal detector belonged to my inlaws and has been sitting in our garage for years. Kenny has been meaning to go beachcombing forever. I am so glad that we never donated it or sold it on Craig's List in order to make room in the garage. It really came in handy!!
**We don't use the band that came with the Garmin. We bought a band that could attach to a bicycle. It has a velcro strap that I actually like better than the original band. Unfortunately, it looks like Kenny didn't double check that it was snapped onto the band correctly. It is best to snap it on before putting it on your wrist and apparently, he did it the other way.
***Not just because you have offered to buy me things. It is so important to me to have you interested and excited about my running. You are also a wonderful grandfather etc. :-)

6 comments:

Irish Cream said...

YAY! That is so exciting, Lisa!! Oh my gosh, I am so happy that Kenny was able to find it! Yay for happy surprises :)

jodes said...

Wow! What luck ~ I'm so glad you (he) found it!!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, don't feel silly for having been in a bad mood. I would have been just like you - and these things are amazing, I love knowing how I am doing pace-wise. Plus, I'm lazy with keeping up with tracking my mileage these last several months, so it keeps a history for me.

That is awesome news, and I am so impressed you are already back up to that 20 mile distance, and doing so well at it too. I am glad it's therapeutic for you now too.

MCM Mama said...

Yay! I'm so glad he found it!

And your dad sounds awesome!

Oz Runner said...

amazing...glad you found it...

Unknown said...

Hooray! That is so great that you found it. I know you must be so relieved!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails