Friday, October 3, 2008

Shout Out to Terri!!!!

Terri (Middle-of-the-Pack-Girl) is running her first marathon this weekend. I am so excited for her. I remember that feeling. Nervous. Excited. Terrified. Anxious. Happy the training is over. Sad the training is over.

No matter how the race goes, remember how hard you have worked. You are getting to the starting line healthy. There is no question whether or not you will finish.

Here are a couple things to remember to do:
  • Have fun
  • Say Hi and Thank You to the volunteeers
  • Chat with at least one stranger
  • Pass people in the last mile
  • Smile for the photographers

I'll be holding my breath until you post your race report.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Terri said...

hey Lisa,

Thank you so very much for this, you have brought tears to my eyes. You don't know how much it means to me to have your support.

Thank you. I promise to post something on Monday - I'm not taking a computer with me to the hotel because honestly, I think I might be a bit tired that night and I'm just going to absorb the whole thing.

You're right, i am happy the training is over, but also sad.

And thanks for the reminders, I do try to do each of those but it's good to think of them. I do try to smile for the photographers!! :-)

RunnerMom said...

I'm a little sad that as marathon season has started I'm left out. Maybe someday!

Your splits from the other day were amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails