Monday, June 29, 2009

My recent blogger meetup

I had the privilege of meeting Jill of Jillwillrun last week. She was in town for a little get-away with her husband and wondered if I'd like to go for a run. Yes! I was really looking forward to it. For a while now, Jill has been one of those bloggers whose posts and comments I look forward to. Through posts and various comments back and forth, including Facebook and DailyMile, I'd like to say we have become friends.

I went to her hotel to pick her up and recognized her right away. Pictures are a definitely plus for readers to know who you are ;-) It never felt awkward like a blind date or something. It wasn't like talking with a stranger. We already knew each other. I don't think there was ever a pause in our conversation.

I wanted to take Jill on a run that she couldn't get at home. We ran along the bay, which is so peaceful in the morning, and then along the ocean for a few miles. It was an overcast, humid day... something I know she doesn't get a lot of (although, I had nothing to do with that). Running along the ocean like that is one of my favorite things to do. I am so glad to share that with her.

Not only did the conversation come easily, but she is an easy running partner. Our pace was natural and relaxed and I don't think either one of us felt too rushed or too slow. It was one of my more pleasant runs lately.

My only regret is that I didn't get a picture of the two of us. I have a picture of Alissa and I as well as one of Alice. Luckily, I don't think it will be the last time we will meet up. I know I will be in Las Vegas sometime (either for a get-away or for a race) and I'll be sure to look her up.

3 comments:

Marathonman101108 said...

Hey stranger! I haven't read or posted here in a while. Glad to see you had a wonderful family vacation. Also, isn't it nice to run with a blog buddy? I went for a run a few months ago with a blog buddy, Carlee, who it turns out lives in the same town as me. By the way, if you have a moment read my latest post. It relates in some ways to your "Positive Splits" post a few weeks ago...

Anonymous said...

I thought about the picture thing too after our run. I wish we'd snapped a picture together. I got a picture of Alissa and me, but it's really fuzzy. My point-and-shoot has a mind of its own when it comes to taking pics! I even had my iPhone with me where we could have used that!

Do the Las Vegas RnR! I think it would be awesome if a whole bunch of people did it and we had a big blogger pasta party or something like that!

Anonymous said...

Jealous! Jealous!!

That's how it felt when Chris and I met for the first time, too, so I totally understand.

If I lived where you live, I would be running next to the ocean every day possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails