Monday, November 17, 2008

I've been a bad blogger...

Not only have I neglected my own blog, but I have had a hard time keeping up with my blogging buddies. I am sorry if I haven't commented on your blog in a while... life has been pretty busy lately.

BUT... I did finally find time for a run. I hadn't run in two weeks. So much for the Las Vegas half marathon. I think we may still go (a close friend of mine will be there and I can't wait to see her). If I go, I will probably run in the race, but I don't think my PR is in the cards. That's ok... what better place than Las Vegas to just run and have fun.

My run on Sunday was ok. It wasn't great. It also wasn't particularly bad. I wasn't fast, but I wasn't slow either. My goal was to have a negative split, but that wasn't to be. I thought I would have a great run. My first mile was under 9 minutes, but that was the only one. Even though I pushed hard that last mile, I didn't even come close to 9 minutes (it was 9:32).

The good news is that even after slacking for a couple of weeks, I can run ten miles without any problem. A year ago, that feat would have seemed impossible. Now, eight or ten miles is the norm. That's pretty cool. My overall pace for the ten miles was 9:42. My fastest mile was 8:52 and my slowest was 10:28. Once again, a year ago, one mile at that pace would have been a feat.

Last week Jill tagged me with a pretty cool "award." I am not ignoring it. I still want to take the time and compose a nice post to go with the tag. Thanks, Jill! Oh... and CONGRATS on your marathon PR in San Antonio. I can't wait for your race report!

4 comments:

jodes said...

Welcome Back! ;o) How exciting that you're able to not run for a few weeks then pick it right back up with a 10 miler! Itsn't it great seeing how far you've come!? You're a rockstar.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, just go to LAs Vegas and have a lot of fun!

By the way, have you read Anatoli Boukreev's book, The Climb? He was one of the Russian guides on Everest during that 1996 season. He has since died himself. It's a good take on the events, a bit different from Jan Krakauer's. There was also a recent bio of Scott Fischer that just came out that I read, you'd love it!

Can you tell I've read a ton of Everest books?! And funny you should mention Touching the Void -I've read that too - great book - and just saw the movie this week, from Netflix - you should get it - you'd love the images of the Andes, they are breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure if you get updated with my reply comments on my blog, so thought I would copy my comment here:

I did read David's book too - I forget the exact title, but it was really good. And tonight my netflix delivery is the Imax version of Everest, so I think I have commandeer the big screen tv of my husband's, in "mantown."

I will have to see if my library has that Annapurna book - thanks very much for the suggestion.

Oh, this is the book on Scott Fischer: http://www.abookforallseasons.com/top10/mountain_madness.shtml

Yep, we do have a lot in common!

Irish Cream said...

I'm super late with this (I have been a bad blogger too!), but congrats on your awesome 5K a few weeks ago!! That is SO fast!!

Also, I think sometimes it's really nice to be able to enter a race knowing you're just going to have fun with it. I think the races when I've done so have ended with the best results . . . probably just because I felt less pressure.

At any rate, best of luck with the rest of your training--and have tons of fun in Vegas :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails