Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reebok Crossfit: my first WOD

After the Warrior Dash, I was able to participate in a Crossfit WOD (workout of the day).  I was there to enjoy that great day thanks to Reebok and their Crossfit Box.

I changed into a dry shirt (my race shirt from the Warrior Dash which is one of the best race shirts ever!), but still had on my muddy shorts. I still had mud on my hat and in my pig tails. The best part of my post-race outfit was my new pair of Reeboks!  I was so thankful for these, since I donated my incredibly muddy shoes (this was their second mud run).
And look how PRETTY they are!! I squealed like a little girl when I opened the box.  Chris, from Reebok, must have thought I was crazy. I don't think he appreciated the pretty pink color as much as I did.

I was really nervous about the WOD. I have seen Crossfit workouts, I know people (strong people) who do Crossfit workouts...and my fitness has suffered a bit this summer.  My legs are fine from running, but I have really ignored my upper body these past few months. I am a fitness professional (albeit on a bit of a leave of absence) and it would be embarrassing if I couldn't complete the workout.

The workout ended up being pretty straight forward. After getting a brief rundown of the exercises [kettlebell swing, air squats, sit ups and push ups], I began.
I felt good with the kettlebell swings. In retrospect, I should have gone with the bigger bell. Being nervous, I accepted the smallest bell for the workout. I have a couple kettlebells...I need to dig them out and start using them again!)



The air squats were no problem. I must have been doing them fast because Elena from Reebok couldn't catch me in the bottom position. ;-) Trust me, I got my booty down below parallel!

I was nervous about the sit ups, since I haven't done much core work lately, but I knocked them out. Check out those feet...they stayed flat on the ground!
It was the push ups that I struggled with. The first set of ten was fine.  By the time I hit the third round, I was struggling.  I felt the after-effects of the push ups the next few days!

It was the perfect workout. After running 3.2 hard Warrior miles, I am not sure how long of a workout I could have done.  This workout lasted 3:54 minutes.  I had hoped for a little better time.  The best of the day was 2:16. The cool thing about this kind of workout is that I can do it at home. I will do it again and improve that time!

It was a great end to a great race experience. And all this before noon!!  I definitely felt like a warrior!!

I spent the rest of the day enjoying the gorgeous Rocky Mountains with my family.


Thanks, Reebok  for the opportunity for such a great weekend.   I felt like I was able to really #getafterit!!


11 comments:

ash & diz said...

Yay! Love that you did a CrossFit WOD! I got a pair of those Reebok's too, but mine are purple!

BLESS YOUR HEART said...

Looks like a blast! Erica
Ericasrunningjourney.blogspot.com

Miz said...

SHOOT.
those shoes would git even ME to crossfit :-)

MegG said...

Great shoes! I love that Reebok is holding WODs at these events now, so much fun! Don't worry about going too light on the KB, it's better to learn on a light one and then move up! Way to go!!

Elle said...

Hey I would do CROSSFIT after a run for a pair of those hot pink shoes!

Nice post and I am so interested in learning more about CROSSFIT. Thanks for sharing.

pay per head said...

I think that it is great that Reebok does that kind of things to promote its brand but also it is nice to get that kind to gears.

Shane Lapan said...

I love Reebok shoes! they have a good design and comfortable to my feet.

Anonymous said...

Run For Environment on 4th August 2013, Sunday, 6.30 Am. Venue: Bala Quila, Alwar, Rajasthan. Bala Quila is a 1000 year old heritage fort on the lush green Aravali Ranges in Alwar City. 7 Km long run for saving the environment. Register at www.runforenvironment.org

Tracey said...

If you are living active lifestyle, check out this blog: militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/. A lot of useful information about athlete training, diet plans, fitness programs and other important things for athletes, as well as for others who want to be fit.

Xclusiveoffer said...

Best online shopping site xclusiveoffer in india to shop Men, Women, Electronics, Health Care, Home and Kitchen appliances, shoes, jewellery, Kids, Watches and more
Online Fashion Sites For Men And Women

Groomy said...

So many good things are happening in the world that I am completely unaware about. I really think internet is bringing people close to the world. It was good to know about it. I will shop for nice shoes and Workout Leggings now and will try to join this as soon as possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails