Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

I have been considering a change for some time now. I started this blog as a way for me to journal my thoughts about training for my first marathon. I wanted to figure out my place in life as a new stay-at-home mom.  At the time, I didn’t really even know what blogs were all about or how powerful they could be. Well, over three years later, I have a good sense of who I am and where I fit into my world. I may not have found the “meaning of Stonehenge,” but I am not giving up on the search for the meaning of life.

I am, however, going to try to “market” myself better. I had this blog to chronicle my personal running exploits and my Mom to Marathon blog for my emerging business. I have found that my personal running and my coaching endeavors tend to overlap a lot. I barely have time to keep up with one blog, let alone two.  So that is why I am merging the two blogs and changing the name of this blog to Mom to Marathon.

If you have read this blog recently, you know that I experienced a once-in-a-lifetime experience with Nuun at the Hood to Coast relay. I was able to be exposed with some very accomplished bloggers. Many of these women have established themselves as a “brand.”  Their blog names are catchy and express what their blogs are about.

When people ask what my blog is, I usually get a raised eyebrow.  Nobody can remember it. It is something about Stonehenge, right?  I have known for a while, that if I want people to remember my blog, I need something catchy.  My personal coaching business has a catchy name, why not use that?? “Mom to Marathon” describes my journey as well as the journey of my readers and clients. It is not necessarily about the marathon, but the journey to overcome fitness challenges, setting goals and celebrating accomplishments.  I wrote a post about this idea HERE.

So there it is.  I am officially Mom to Marathon (and everything in between).  I hope that it doesn’t really change much.  In the near future, I will probably change the look of the blog and add some features and link to my personal website. I really want to grow this blog that has afforded me so many great opportunities as well as grow my business, now that my kids are in school.

Thank you all for your support. Some of you have been with me for three years and some of you are new followers.  I am grateful for everyone that comes and shares my experiences with me.

Happy Running…

MomToMarathon_color

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

now i have to retrain my brain away from stonehenge-something ;)

Unknown said...

Clever new title!

XLMIC said...

Cool!

Kathy said...

nice! I like the new name!

Catey said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) Gotta love Marjorie!
I have actually read your blog a number of times, one of the ones I drop by on when I'm dragging through the running blog community. Love it! St George will be my first, I'm so excited! I'd love to meet you if you're up for it while you're there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails