Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm BACK, baby!!!!!!!

After taking four weeks off from running I was excited to get out there and run this morning. I didn't get up particularly early, which was a risk because after the fog and low clouds cleared up around 9, it has become increasingly hotter throughout the day. But when I finally drove down to Mission Bay around 8, it was still overcast and around 65 degrees. Perfect.

I just have to say I ROCKED IT!!!! I am so happy that I didn't lose my running. I lost a little endurance (which is to be expected) and my last two miles were tough. But I was able to run eight miles at a faster pace than I have run without being in a race (in fact, I ran the exact same pace during my 15K in July)! I think you were right, Terri, when you suggested that I might come back even faster. :-)

My hubby returned from an 8 day business trip last night. Instead of longing for quality family time, I was ready for ALONE time. *blush* I could tell I was excited to finally get out there, without kids, and run. My first mile was my fastest mile. In fact, it was one of my fastest miles EVER.

Here are my splits (not including one potty stop around mile 3):
Mile 1- 8:25
Mile 2- 8:33
Mile 3- 8:45
Mile 4- 9:17
Mile 5- 9:29
Mile 6- 9:15
Mile 7- 9:15
Mile 8- 9:16
.26- 2:18 (8:55 pace)

Total- 8.26 miles at 9:02 pace!!!!!

I did have one potty stop (darnit!) and I don't know how to find out that split with the stoppage time added in. I have no idea how long I stopped for. I am really going to have to find a way to figure out this potty thing on my runs. I did figure out one thing and I will pass on this advice: granola and almonds is NOT a good snack at 10 p.m. if you plan on running in the morning. Enough said.

My knees bothered me a bit toward the end. They don't feel injured or anything, just a bit old and creaky. I totally forgot to ice, so we'll see how I feel in the morning.

I am glad to be back. Now, I just need to find a way to stay motivated...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I wish I was that fast! But I'm glad that your break served you well overall!

Kristin said...

Fabulous run! Great splits too! Re the stop times--I pause the Garmin whenever I stop for the bathroom or even wait for a light. Obviously if I were in a race I would have to include all that time in the overall, but since it's not a race, I'm not counting it! :)

Anonymous said...

For once, I am glad I was right about something! Welcome back, and I'm sure you will find a way to stay motivated. Is there a race coming up soon that you could sign up for? To give you something to work toward?

Alissa said...

Yay! Isn't that the coolest thing when you take extended time off and come back stronger than before. Your body needed some time to repair. Congrats on the fast run! Next year you are going to beat me at the AFC half!

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOO!!! Welcome Back!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails